INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Shopify to collect), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information (I do not personally see your payment information, credit card details, etc- as these are processed securely through Shopify), and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly through messages or through a private note attached to your order.
WHY I NEED THIS INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary, to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
INFORMATION & SHARING DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Shipping Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. The shipping service I primarily use is USPS. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services and ship your order.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield Certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons. To opt out of emails that you have previously given me personal consent to join, you may also click the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of any emails sent to you from my shop. This does not include messages direct from Shopify, as I do not send these emails personally and you would need to unsubscribe from Shopify's specific emails and services in order to retract your consent.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Kathleen Warr, am the data controller of your personal information within my shop at Triple Threat Planner on Shopify.com. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Alternately, you may mail me at:Triple Threat Planner
6533 Arlington Blvd
Ste A - 2607
Falls Church VA 22042-3023